Wednesday 2 November 2016

#04 WHAT I DID


Hi everyone! I have to write 3 blogs in a row, so busy… I know it is because I skipped them though haha. Anyway, I will keep posting from now on…!
What is the best thing you did in Australia? If I am asked this question, I am ready to answer – dancing! Does it sound unclear? Ok, today I will write about this, but dancing is not only about dancing.
UQ has various kinds of club activities, and Street Groove, the dance club I am joining is one of them. Actually I have been a member since last semester, but I didn’t really enjoy it because I was too nervous to talk in English to UQ students, and stayed with my Japanese friends. For these reasons, I was thinking about quitting, but somehow I thought that I could change myself. At the beginning of this semester (end of July), there was an audition to be a crew (a member who can perform). I knew I was not good at dancing, but I gave it a try. I was so nervous to dance in front of others. I am sure it was the moment I was more nervous than ever in Australia. Well, little did I dream that I was taken into the crew, but I made it! Since then, I gradually made crew friends. At first, I was still nervous about speaking English, but they understand that I am studying English at the language school. So I didn’t feel lonely – I felt hospitable. Now, through spending three months together, I feel like they are a family. I really don’t want to leave, and they say they don’t want to let me go. It is so sad, but I am proud of making such close UQ and native friends. Do you understand why I said this is not only about dancing? I think I can dance better than before though! haha

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story, Aoi! I also like how you use the phrase: "little did I dream that..." :)

    ReplyDelete